We talk about a lot of pretty on this blog but we all know that no event is complete without equally as amazing food.
As with everything we feature, we love an unconventional, fun twist on what we serve our guests. The more you give your friends to talk about, the more legendary your event will be!
1) Food Trucks – What about lining up a few food trucks and having your guests choose what they want to order? Think grilled cheese, tacos and mac and cheese. This option is great for an outdoor, casual wedding or as a fun surprise for a midnight snack outside your reception venue.
2) Sundae Bar – Skip the cake and let your friends make their own sundaes! They’ll have a blast piling sprinkles and candy onto their favourite ice-cream flavour.
3) Mini Everything – We think bite size is better. Supply everyone’s favourite comfort food in a mini format. Donuts and beer, milk and cookies, mini burgers and hotdogs, the list goes on.
4) Veggie Bar – For the health conscious guests on your list, set up a veggie bar! The colours will look amazing and at least there will be some nutrition to balance out the other goodies.
5) Spud Bar – You may be staying far away from carbs leading up to your big day but once it arrives, you’ll need to carbo load if you’re going to last on the dance floor past midnight. Set up a spud bar and let your friends eat mashed potatos out of a martini glass topped with all the fixins.
6) Pie Pops – And you thought the fun was over! Let your guests take home some southern comfort in the form of a pie pop! Cake pops are all the rage but pie pops are ahead of the curve.
And so there you have it! Now there’s no excuse for the boring ol’ buffet. Liven up your wedding or event with one or more of these suggestions and your big day will definitely be Instagram worthy. After all, that’s what we’re all striving for, right?